Turkey Curry Recipe
Adapted from recipe by Anthony Worrall Thompson
Just thought we would add in a great turkey curry recipe created by the authentic Indian chef Anthony Worrall Thompson! It's a good one....
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25g/1oz unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2.5cm/1in knob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 8 Spice Kitchen green cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 1 tsp Spice Kitchen ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Spice Kitchen ground turmeric
- ½ tsp Spice Kitchen chilli powder
- 1 tsp Spice Kitchen garam masala
- 1 tsp Spice Kitchen ground coriander & cumin powder
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cut into cubes
- 570ml/1pt chicken or turkey stock
- 125ml/4fl oz yoghurt
- 85ml/3fl oz double cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 large handfuls roast turkey, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil and butter in a large non-stick casserole pot.
- Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic, ginger, chilli, cardamom, cumin, turmeric, garam masala and ground coriander. Cook over a medium heat until the onion is soft, being careful not to burn the spices.
- Add the potatoes and butternut squash and cook until the potato begins to stick to the bottom of the pan slightly.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes and butternut squash are tender.
- Stir in the yoghurt and cream, then add the lemon juice.
- Add the cooked turkey, fold in and simmer to heat through.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve immediately.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.