Turkey Curry Recipe
Adapted from recipe by Anthony Worrall Thompson
Just thought we would add in a great turkey curry recipe created by the authentic Indian chef Anthony Worrall Thompson! It's a good one....
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25g/1oz unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2.5cm/1in knob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 8 Spice Kitchen green cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 1 tsp Spice Kitchen ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Spice Kitchen ground turmeric
- ½ tsp Spice Kitchen chilli powder
- 1 tsp Spice Kitchen garam masala
- 1 tsp Spice Kitchen ground coriander & cumin powder
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cut into cubes
- 570ml/1pt chicken or turkey stock
- 125ml/4fl oz yoghurt
- 85ml/3fl oz double cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 large handfuls roast turkey, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil and butter in a large non-stick casserole pot.
- Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic, ginger, chilli, cardamom, cumin, turmeric, garam masala and ground coriander. Cook over a medium heat until the onion is soft, being careful not to burn the spices.
- Add the potatoes and butternut squash and cook until the potato begins to stick to the bottom of the pan slightly.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes and butternut squash are tender.
- Stir in the yoghurt and cream, then add the lemon juice.
- Add the cooked turkey, fold in and simmer to heat through.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve immediately.
Super Yummy Khaman Dhokla / Dhokra
Do you like Curry? And do you like Cake? Well this one is for you... Khaman Dhokla/Dhokra
Dhal - recipe and video!
Another excellent dhal recipe from Richard Smith, we have shared with below. Made predominately from Lentils, this Indian staple dish...
Bengali Chicken Curry by Misty Ricardo's...
A traditional style slow cooked on-the-bone Chicken curry, with keynote flavours of Bengali cuisine. Such a meal is very often...
Baked Trout with Baharat, Tomato and...
This easy baked trout recipe always goes down a storm in our house! Keeping the fish whole means it retains...
Butternut Squash Vegetable Pav Bahji by Elaine...
Another lovely recipe by Elaine Foodbod using our spices. I do love a bowl of beautifully spiced gorgeous vegetables, and...
Mamma Spice's Dal Makhani (Black Dal)
A true Mamma Spice favourite! Traditionally, this recipe was made only on special occasions due to the extra time needed...
Easy, delicious and so cheap to make, you can have this as a side dish or a starter. Its spicy,...
Sri Lankan Prawn Curry
This delicious curry is deeply flavourful and aromatic. It’s super easy to cook and really versatile for any type of...
Romy Gill || Rice and coconut...
Romy Gill || Rice and coconut balls Ingredients 6 tbsp cooked rice 4 tbsp desiccated coconut 4 tbsp peanuts,...