Fire up the BBQ and impress your friends and family with these authentic Turkish flavours. A real crowd-pleaser.
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 250g ground lamb
- 250g ground beef
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 4 – garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp – suma
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and knead for 3 to 4 minutes until the whole mix is evenly combined.
- Take some of the mix and squeeze it into a sausage shape, long enough to fit on the grill.
- Carefully thread this sausage on to a metal skewer and, with wet hands, pat down to flatten the kebabs.
- Grill for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with pitta, yoghurt, and a red onion and tomato salad.