Great as a side dish or healthy lunch. This spiced tomato salad can be prepared the night before and be kept in the fridge, allowing the flavours to combine into a jumble of sticky loveliness!
- 2 tbsp, parsley, roughly chopped 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Urfa chilli
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 50ml olive oil
- 700g ripe cherry tomatoes, mixed colours if you can find them
- 4 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp lightly toasted cumin seeds and a big handful of rocket leaves, to serve
- Mix the parsley, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce, Urfa chilli, garlic and olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes in different shapes and sizes (slices, diced, wedges) and put in a large bowl.
- Pour over the dressing and leave to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature. Now is the time to lightly toast your cumin seeds. Dry fry in a pan over a gentle heat until they turn brown, but don’t burn. Before serving, sprinkle over the sliced radish, toasted cumin seeds and rocket.
- Enjoy with toasted sourdough if you’re feeling extra hungry!