Sticky Dr Pepper BBQ Ribs
Sink your teeth into this crazily delicious, fall-of-the bone recipe that can be made outdoors on the BBQ or in your oven so you can enjoy all year round, whatever the weather.
For the BBQ sauce
- 1 can Dr Pepper
- 1 tbsp. dark soft brown sugar
- 3.5 oz tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. clear honey
- 2 tsp. mustard powder
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. hot sauce (preferably Tabasco)
For the ribs
- 2 racks of baby back pork ribs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
For the rub
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 150º Celsius or prepare your BBQ to a temperature of 130º C.
- Pour the Dr Pepper drink into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the liquid for 8-10 minutes or until you are left with a syrupy consistency.
- Make the BBQ sauce by adding all the ingredients into a small saucepan over a medium heat. Gently mix the ingredients with a hand whisk until smooth. Next add the Dr Pepper syrup. Leave the sauce to simmer for about 5 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Prepare the ribs by rubbing the olive oil all over.
- Make the rub by combining all the ingredients, and then coating the pork with the seasoning. Use a pastry brush to coat each rib with 2 tbsp. of the BBQ sauce.
- Sit each rib on its own large sheet of foil and wrap tightly like a parcel. Next, place on a baking tray and bake in the centre of the oven for 2 ½ hours or in your BBQ.
- After 2 ½ hours, remove the pork from the oven/BBQ, gently peel away the foil and brush on another 2 tbsp. of BBQ sauce on each rib. Cover again with the foil and bake for a further 30 minutes or until soft and the meat can easily be pulled off the bone. Should the pork still be tough, cover and cook further for up to an hour.
- Remove the pork from its casing and transport on to a serving tray. Brush on the remaining BBQ sauce all over the ribs and serve immediately.
For more amazing recipes check out @neyskitchen.official on Instagram!
Mexican Beef Burger
Juicy beef Mexican burgers served with homemade, creamy guacamole and fresh pico de gallo is the ultimate weekend treat and...
The Perfect Pumpkin Spice Latte!
🎃 🎃 Pumpkin Spice Latte season is here 🎃 🎃 Add this recipe onto your list of things you're going...
Lahmajoun (Turkish and Armenian pizza) by...
One of our wonderful new customers sent us this recipe for Lahmajoun, a type of Turkish and Armenian pizza using...
I don't believe anyone would say no to chicken enchiladas. It's such a crowd pleaser and is so easy to...
Mexican Prawn Wraps with sour cream...
Lizzie from the Pennywise Pantry has teamed up with us to write three spice laden recipes, guaranteed to give superb...
Spice Kitchen Guacamole
Our take on the increasingly prolific guacamole! Serve this dip on toast for breakfast with a kick, or with some...
Sweet, sour, spicy and utterly savoury Mexican beef stew, packed in to crisp tacos and filled with oozy cheese, crunchy...
Fully Loaded Cajun Chicken Burger
Our go to chicken burger!