Sticky Chinese Pork Ribs
Let us unveil the mystery of this popular Chinese dish. These tender, fall of the bone ribs are deliciously sweet and moreishly sticky.
- 500 g pork ribs, cut into single-bone pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp Chinese spice blend
- 20g ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tbsp dark brown sugar
- Marinate the ribs with the salt and soy sauce overnight.
- The next day, put the ribs in a large pot along with the chopped spring onions,
- 1 tbsp Chinese spice blend, ginger, and cover with water.
- Bring the pot to a boil and simmer, covered, for 90 minutes until the ribs are tender and falling off the bone.
- Gently remove the ribs from the liquid and put the stock back on the stove. Add the remaining ingredients and reduce to a sticky glaze.
- Preheat oven to 220°c. Place the ribs on an oven tray and brush liberally with the glaze cook for 10 minutes.
- Take the ribs out and brush with a little more glaze before serving.
Tonga Chilli-Lime Chicken by Natasha MacAller
Gujarati Dal by Natasha MacAllerReally pleased to feature this wonderful recipe by Natasha MacAller, author of Spice Health Heroes. Created at...