This delicious curry is deeply flavourful and aromatic. It’s super easy to cook and really versatile for any type of prawn or shrimp.
- 450g peeled prawns
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1.5 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- Coriander to garnish
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- In a bowl, mix the prawns with the salt and turmeric. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and once they sizzle, add the onions, chopped garlic and curry leaves.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the prawns and turn the heat up to high and cook the prawns for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the coconut milk, tamarind paste and curry powder and cook for a further 5 minutes. Check seasoning before serving with fluffy rice.
- Finish with shower of chopped coriander.