Spicy Potato Cakes- Aloo Tiki Chaat
It's a favourite Indian street food dish of mine, with the flavours just partying in my mouth. I could eat this chaat bowl salad every day.
- 1 packet Ayrshire potatoes steamed.
- Half red onion finely chopped
- Half green chilli chopped (optional)
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Spices; 1 tsp salt, cumin powder, chaat masala, coriander powder, garam masala.
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, tumeric
- 2 tbsp of rice flour (or use cornflour)
- Steam your peeled potatoes.
- Mash with your hand to keep a chunky bite
- Add the onion, spices, coriander powder and flour.
- Mix well. With a wet hand divide the mixture and make equal size balls and create little patties.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and gently fry in small batches until golden and crispy.
- To assemble your salad bowl, Add some raita (yoghurt), ribboned moolie, cucumber, julienne carrots, masala corn, carrot chutney, fresh coriander, pickled onions, and lots of tamarind chutney
Love the look of this? Follow @hey_renu for more mouth watering dishes!
Sanjay's Spiced Lamb Tagine
This much-loved stew is a favourite in Sanjay’s home. The slow-cooked lamb literally melts in your mouth. Be sure to...
BBQ Chinese Pork Belly
Such a lovely way to use boneless belly pork for a yummy BBQ lunch with friends and family in the...
Proper Mango Chutney
Spice Kitchen || Mango Chutney Do you want to know how to make the tastiest Mango Chutney on the planet?...
Potato, cumin and curry leaf curry by...
For a tasty potato curry try my potato, cumin and curry leaf curry. It is truly a flavoursome and fragrant...
Spicy Fenugreek Roasted Chicken
Monica is the founder of the Spice Club Manchester, a supperclub and pop up restaurant that has received amazing acclaim...
Spiced Nuts by FoodBod
Thanks to Elaine for this lovely post on her blog, using our spices to make some spiced nuts! Original post...
Turkey Curry Recipe
TURKEY CURRY Adapted from recipe by Anthony Worrall Thompson Just thought we would add in a great...
Cauliflower, Turmeric and Coconut Curry
Cauliflower turmeric and coconut curry
Pimp Your Veg by FoodBod
Lovely post by Elaine from Foodbod about using spices to pimp your veg! If you have ever read any of my...
Saffron Chia Muesli
Breakfasts don’t come much heartier than this Saffron Chia Muesli paired with a Ahmad Vanilla Tranquillity black tea. The sweet scent...