Spicy Potato Cake - Aloo tiki chaat
Hands up if you’re a spicy potato cake fan, aka Aloo Tiki chaat?
It's a favourite Indian streetfood dish of mine, with the flavours just partying in my mouth. I could eat this chaat bowl salad every day. These delicious vegan aloo tiki's can be made in advance and batch freeze too!
- 1 packet steamed Ayrshire potatoes @scotty__brand
- half red onion finely chopped
- half green chilli chopped (optional)
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala.
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 2 tbsp of rice flour (or use cornflour)
- Steam your peeled potatoes.
- Mash with your hand to keep a chunky bite
- Add the onion, spices, coriander powder and flour.
- Mix well. With a wet hand divide the mixture and make equal size balls and create little patties.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and gently fry in small batches until golden and crispy.
- To assemble your salad bowl, Add some yogurt raita, ribboned moolie, cucumber, julienne carrots, masala corn. Carrot chutney, fresh coriander, pickled onions, and lots of tamarind chutney
For more amazing recipes check out @hey_renu on Instagram!
BBQ Chinese Pork Belly
Such a lovely way to use boneless belly pork for a yummy BBQ lunch with friends and family in the...
Chilli and honey glazed potatoes
A delicious indo-chinese treat! Perfect as a side, mains or a special treat! Serves 2 and takes approximately 40...
Ultimate BBQ Chicken Tikka Marinade
This versatile mixture works both as a curry paste and marinade ideal for making a tasty dish with the meat,...
Hot Courgette Fritters with a Cool...
Follow Mita Mistry on her brilliant food blog Saffron and Spice. Original recipe link here. There isn't anything like your...
Butternut Squash Vegetable Pav Bahji by Elaine...
Another lovely recipe by Elaine Foodbod using our spices. I do love a bowl of beautifully spiced gorgeous vegetables, and...
Potato, cumin and curry leaf curry by...
For a tasty potato curry try my potato, cumin and curry leaf curry. It is truly a flavoursome and fragrant...
Chilli Paneer Biryani
Biryani is a true celebratory dish and is ideal for any upcoming festivities. This is a hot and spicy paneer masala...
Easy, delicious and so cheap to make, you can have this as a side dish or a starter. Its spicy,...
Chickpea Curry (Channa Masala)
1 Onion, chopped finely1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed2 Tablespoons sunflower/vegetable oil4 fresh ripe tomatoes pureed or 1/2...
Pimp Your Veg by FoodBod
Lovely post by Elaine from Foodbod about using spices to pimp your veg! If you have ever read any of my...