Hands up if you’re a spicy potato cake fan, aka Aloo Tiki chaat?
It's a favourite Indian streetfood dish of mine, with the flavours just partying in my mouth. I could eat this chaat bowl salad every day. These delicious vegan aloo tiki's can be made in advance and batch freeze too!
- 1 packet steamed Ayrshire potatoes @scotty__brand
- half red onion finely chopped
- half green chilli chopped (optional)
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala.
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 2 tbsp of rice flour (or use cornflour)
- Steam your peeled potatoes.
- Mash with your hand to keep a chunky bite
- Add the onion, spices, coriander powder and flour.
- Mix well. With a wet hand divide the mixture and make equal size balls and create little patties.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and gently fry in small batches until golden and crispy.
- To assemble your salad bowl, Add some yogurt raita, ribboned moolie, cucumber, julienne carrots, masala corn. Carrot chutney, fresh coriander, pickled onions, and lots of tamarind chutney
For more amazing recipes check out @hey_renu on Instagram!