Using a combination of fresh and dry spices really do help keep the chicken tender and moist. Make sure to use chicken thighs as this cut is harder to dry out.
This recipe gives you baseline quantities for fresh ginger and chilli. After you make the first batch you can change the quantities to your own liking.
If you don’t have a BBQ simply bake in the oven!
- 350 - 400 gms boneless, skinless chicken thighs - cubed (make sure the cubes are big enough to fit on the skewer!)
- 15 - 25 gm prepared weight fresh ginger - finely chopped or grated
- 1 - 2 fresh chillies - chopped
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground spice kitchen coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground spice kitchen cumin
- 1 level teaspoon spice kitchen turmeric - best to start off with too little - you can always add some more!
- 1 pepper - cubed (make sure the cubes are big enough to fit on the skewer!)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- To serve, 1 teaspoon spice kitchen garam masala, salt, freshly chopped coriander and fresh lemon juice
- In a bowl mix the ginger, chilli, garlic, ground coriander, ground cumin, turmeric and vegetable oil to make a thick paste.
- Now coat the chicken thigh cubes and leave to marinade as long as you can, but no longer than overnight.
- Put the chicken cubes on the skewer, alternating the chicken thigh with the pepper.
- Grill the skewers turning as necessary. The chicken should be completely cooked before serving.
- When cooked, sprinkle with garam masala, lemon juice, salt and fresh coriander.
Suggested serving- naan bread, salad and raita.
Big thanks to @nilarossfood for another super yummy recipe!