Sweet, tart and a little bit bitter. This drink is not for sharing.
- 1 tbsp salted Kampot pepper
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 25ml pepper syrup (instructions for making below)
- 60ml dry gin (preferably non-botanical)
- 3 salted pepper berries to garnish
- To make the pepper syrup, crush the salted Kampot pepper and add to a pan with the sugar and water. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes and leave to cool down. Once cool, strain.
- In a shaker, add the pepper syrup and gin along with ice and shake for 30 seconds. Strain into a coupe or martini glass and garnish with the pepper berries.
- Sit back and enjoy!