Super Salmon Niçoise
A unique twist on a traditional favourite; this niçoise salad is well worth the extra effort. Using some warm, tender salmon makes everything feel that little more special. And that’s what it’s all about.
- 2 salmon steaks, approximately 150g each
- 1 tbsp sea salt
For the niçoise salad
- 2 large eggs
- 100g green beans
- 100g sun dried tomatoes
- 50g sliced pitted black olives
- 250g romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice only
- 1⁄2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 slices bread, toasted and chopped into croutons
- 1⁄2 bunch basil, roughly torn 6 new potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 200c.
- Rub the salmon with the sea salt and set to one side. Boil the new potatoes with a large pinch of salt until just cooked. Drain and cool. Once cooled, slice into thick rounds.
- Blanch the beans in boiling water and then refresh in iced water. Drain and set on kitchen paper to dry. Put the salmon on an oven tray lined with greaseproof paper and cook in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the eggs for 7 minutes and refresh in cold water. Once cool, peel and cut into quarters. In a large bowl, add the potatoes, beans, olives, tomatoes, basil, sea salt, lemon juice and a glug of extra virgin olive oil.
- Arrange the lettuce on the plates and divide the vegetable mix across evenly. Once the salmon is cooked, let it cool for a couple of minutes before roughly tearing each steak into 3 pieces. Arrange the pieces of salmon over the salad along with the boiled egg quarters.
- Serve immediately.
Smoky Corn on the Cob
We love the humble corn on the cob, but this combination of big smoky flavours with tangy feta takes it to...
SPICY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE BY MANI
If you love spice and meaty bolognese, you will love this spicy spaghetti bolognese recipe which is actually more straightforward...
Just heaven! Pile these perfectly cooked mussels into a bowl and dunk some buttery crusty bread into the sauce for...
Salad of Strawberries and Balsamic
The strawberry and balsamic combination bursts with flavour. Beautifully colourful,healthy and so very delicious.
Turkish Adana Kebabs
Fire up the BBQ and impress your friends and family with these authentic Turkish flavours. A real crowd-pleaser.
Turkish Lamb Shish Kebab
A mouth-watering, classic kebab that’s so easy to make, you literally can’t go wrong. Marinade the meat overnight for best...
Caramelised Pumpkin, Goat’s Cheese and Winter...
It’s difficult to bring yourself to eat a salad during the winter months, but if you treat your winter vegetables...
Homemade dips are well worth the effort, and we promise you will never regret the time spent on making this...
Sticky Grilled Halloumi
So easy to make and yet so sophisticated! We love this sticky halloumi tossedwith a simple salad.
Courgette flatbread with sizzled yoghurt by...
3 recipes with an umph of spice from Mira Manek for National Vegetarian Week National Vegetarian Week is upon us...