The strawberry and balsamic combination bursts with flavour. Beautifully colourful,healthy and so very delicious.
- 1 punnet strawberries, cut into halves
- 100ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp red Kampot pepper, crushed
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 whole burrata
- 100g mixed salad leaves, preferably rocket, watercress & pea shoots Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- In a small saucepan, add the balsamic and sugar, and cook until reduced by half. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the salad leaves.
- Toast the coriander seeds in a pan and when cool, lightly crush to split the seeds.
- Arrange the salad leaves on your plates.
- In a bowl, add the sliced strawberries, red Kampot pepper and coriander seeds, along with a pinch of salt and sugar.
- Tear the burrata and throw over the salad leaves. Spoon on the strawberries, and then drizzle on the balsamic reduction. Finish with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with a slice of toasted sourdough or enjoy on its own with an icy cold glass of white wine.