A beautiful marriage of sweet roasted tomatoes, tangy goat’s cheese and peppery warmth. An indulgent brunch or weekend treat.
- 500g heirloom mixed tomatoes (if you can’t get heirloom, then any mix of tomatoes is good)
- Sea salt
- 60g goat’s cheese
- Splash of olive oil
- 80g rocket
- 20 basil leaves
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters (halves if using cherry tomatoes). Sprinkle with sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place on an oven tray and cook for 10 to 12 minutes if large pieces or 8 to 10 minutes if smaller.
- Cut the goat’s cheese into bite-size pieces. Remove the tomatoes from the oven and divide equally across four plates.
- Do the same with your goat’s cheese and rocket leaves.
- Tear up the basil and add it to the salad.
- Finish with a sprinkle of olive oil and cracked black pepper, and dive right in!