Surely roast potatoes couldn’t get any better? If you love them as much as we do, you’ve got to try this spicy alternative to the traditional roastie.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1⁄2 inch pieces
- 70g butter, melted (or coconut oil/duck/beef fat if you prefer)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bulb garlic, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 tbsp Urfa chilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 210°c. Peel and cube the potatoes into 1⁄2 inch pieces. Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Once boiling, add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- After 10 minutes, drain and let them steam and dry out for a further 10 minutes.
- Next, place the potatoes in a large oven tray and pour over the melted butter.
- Add a dusting of salt. Squeeze the garlic out of the pods and add them, bulb included to the tray. Mix evenly and bake for 45 minutes, turning and mixing halfway through cooking.
- Once the potatoes are cooked and golden, mix the Urfa chilli with the olive and oil. Drizzle over before serving