Moroccan Chicken with Pearl Couscous by Neha D'Souza
- 2 chicken fillets
- 100 grams pearl couscous
- handful of green beans cut into little pieces
- small chopped red onion
- 2 little peppers cut into small cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoon Spice Kitchen Ras El Hanout
- feta cheese
- lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- rapeseed oil
- Cut chicken into cubes (the smaller the better) and marinate with salt, pepper and ras el hanout. You can add a drizzle of olive oil to the marinade just so it mixes well. Leave for at least 30 minutes
- Cook the pearl couscous as per the instructions on the pack.
- In a pan heat a tablespoon of oil. One hot add the garlic and straight after the chopped onions. Let this cook until the onions are golden brown. Check the onions do not burn.
- Add green beans to the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes before adding the peppers. Give the mixture a good stir and a minute later add the cooked couscous. Squeeze in juice of 1/4 lemon and add salt & pepper to taste. Stir the dish well and let it cook on a very low heat.
- In a separate pan heat two tablespoons of oil. Once hot, add the chicken and cook until done. Keep turning it so it does cook evenly and flavours get mixed in.
- On a plate put some couscous first then top it with chicken. Now crumble some feta cheese on the top. The dish is ready to be served.
Find more recipes from Neha on https://mostlyfoodandtravel.wordpress.com/.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.