Easy, delicious and so cheap to make, you can have this as a side dish or a starter. Its spicy, tangy and so moorish. I mean at 47p per portion! What do you say to that!
- 4 corn on the cobs
3/4 tsp spice mix: salt, chaat masala, ground roasted cumin, garam masala, kashmiri chilli or red spice, smoked paprika
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely sliced
- Oil for frying
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Handful of coriander
- Cook on a cooker open flame, turning to avoid it burning. You can also grill it if you have an electric hob. Keep an eye on it as it cooks faster under a grill.
- Carefully, slice the corn off with a knife -check the video.
- Fry the onions in the hot oil, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the spices, mix well, add the lemon and the corn.
- Coat and mix well for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve.
For more amazing recipes check out @hey_renu on Instagram!