Lamb Keema with Peas
Keema is a staple curry in many Bangladeshi and Pakistani homes. This recipe is one of our favourites as it can be made with lamb or goat, but it also tastes great with beef.
- 350g minced lamb (or beef or goat if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 green cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 2 inch piece cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaves.
- Once they sizzle, add the chopped onions and cook on medium heat until caramelised.
- Turn the heat up high and add the minced lamb and cook until the meat has evenly browned. Break up any clusters with a wooden spoon.
- Once the meat has browned, add the ginger and garlic paste, salt, chilli powder, tomatoes and turmeric and cook until the tomatoes have broken down.
- Add the water and cook for a further 10 minutes, then the garam masala and the peas, simmering for a further 5 minutes.
- Season with salt to your liking and serve with rice or paratha.
Keema - Indian Spiced Minced Meat
KEEMA Ingredients 1 large onion , chopped 2 garlic cloves, chopped 4cm piece ginger, grated 2 green chillies 3...
An all-time favourite, and definitely one of ours, the legendary Tandoori Chicken.
Butter chicken (serves 5-6) For the marinade: 4-6 chicken pieces, bone in and skinless 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt 2 tbsp...
Kerala Pepper Lamb Fry with Black...
The combination of curry leaves and Kampot pepper works a treat to give this dish its wonderful authentic taste.
Ingredients 2 tbsp rapeseed oil 1 cinnamon stick 6 whole peppercorns 2 cloves 1 large onion, chopped 1/2 tsp brown...
This dhal was the first dish I made in my birthday pan from @lecreusetuk and with my Christmas spices from @spicekitchenuk so was v...
Goan Pork Curry
A Goan curry that simply has to be tried! Here at Spice Kitchen, we have tasted some of most awesome...
Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato, and Chickpea...
This vegetable-packed tagine is full of flavour and extremely hearty. It uses Ras El Hanout, a well known spice blend...
Masala Fried Eggs: With Crisply Fried...
Follow Mita Mistry on her brilliant food blog Saffron and Spice. Original recipe link here. My hangover breakfast.. with a strong black...
Masala Curry Paste by Elaine Boddy...
Ingredients: 1 large onion (I used a red onion) 5 cloves of garlic, peeled 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger, peeled...