Shepherds pie with a twist...
A great dish for all the family, packed full of veg and a great way to introduce little ones to spice.
I prefer this to a classic shepherds pie, the topping is so much lighter. Kids prefer the classic version apparently but who’s cooking kids?! They still polished it off.
For the mash:
1. Heat oil, fry onion until soft, add spices, fry for 2 mins.
2. Add ginger, garlic, chilli, fry for 1min.
3. Add mince to pan and fry until browned.
4. Stir in tomato purée, grated carrot & stock. Simmer for 20 mins.
5. Meanwhile boil potatoes, parsnips & cauliflower until soft (approx 20mins).
6. Mash very well with milk, butter, turmeric & S&P.
7. Stir spinach into mince until wilted, season to taste.
8. Place mince into bottom of large baking dish, top with mash, sprinkle with nigella seeds.
9. Bake at 180 degrees for 30mins or until brown and crispy on top.
10. Serve with chopped coriander and green veg.
Check out @jugglingplates for more outstanding dishes!
Behold the dreamy chai. Warming, creamy, packed with natural sweetness and of course, perfectly spiced!
In India, brewing Chai is considered an art form! But here at Spice Kitchen, we are on a mission to make sure the experience of a perfect Chai Masala is accessible to everyone.
So, here’s how to make the perfect Masala Chai. You can thank us later!