Harissa Spiced Lentil Soup with Aleppo Pepper Halloumi
A wonderful healthy recipe from Zosima Fulwell, founder of Manchester based streetfood company Cooking with Mama Z
- 1 chopped white onion
- 2x cloves garlic chopped
- 2x carrots chopped
- 1000ml stock (veg for all veggie meal or chicken)
- 1 tbsp. Spice Kitchen harissa (put less/add more if you want it spicy)
- 250g red lentils
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Aleppo Pepper
- Nigella Seeds
- Fresh parsley & nigella seeds (optional)
- Marinate slices of Halloumi in healthy sprinkle of Spice Kitchen Aleppo Pepper and Olive oil. Whilst this marinates, start your soup.
- Fry your onion, garlic and carrots in a pan with some oil.
- Add the lentils and Harissa.
- Sautée everything for a minute to mix in the pan and top with stock, turn the heat down. Cook for about 25-30 mins stirring occasionally until lentils have cooked.
- When the lentils have cooked, take off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a pan or under the grill, fry or grill the halloumi.
- Blend lentil soup and season to taste.
- Add Halloumi ontop of soup, garnish with fresh Parsley and Nigella seeds, perfect lunch