Harissa Spiced Lentil Soup with Aleppo Pepper Halloumi
- 1 chopped white onion
- 2x cloves garlic chopped
- 2x carrots chopped
- 1000ml stock (veg for all veggie meal or chicken)
- 1 tbsp. Spice Kitchen harissa (put less/add more if you want it spicy)
- 250g red lentils
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Aleppo Pepper
- Nigella Seeds
- Fresh parsley & nigella seeds (optional)
- Marinate slices of Halloumi in healthy sprinkle of Spice Kitchen Aleppo Pepper and Olive oil. Whilst this marinates, start your soup.
- Fry your onion, garlic and carrots in a pan with some oil.
- Add the lentils and Harissa.
- Sautée everything for a minute to mix in the pan and top with stock, turn the heat down. Cook for about 25-30 mins stirring occasionally until lentils have cooked.
- When the lentils have cooked, take off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a pan or under the grill, fry or grill the halloumi.
- Blend lentil soup and season to taste.
- Add Halloumi ontop of soup, garnish with fresh Parsley and Nigella seeds, perfect lunch
Smoky Baba Ganoush
A delicious dip to dunk your veggies into! But equally awesome with pitta and flatbread. This recipe is a true...
INGREDIENTS For the lentils: 1 packet of precooked beluga lentils (we used @merchantgourmet) 1/2 cup water 2 Tbsp olive oil ...
Zaatar Chicken with Harissa Chickpea and...
Feeds 3 Ingredients 6x Chicken Thighs 3x Tbsp Olive Oil 1x Sliced Red Onion 5x Whole peeled cloves of Garlic...
Jamaican Beef Stew
A tender, succulent and spicy beef stew. Get a taste of Jamaica with this hearty beef stew made with authentic...
Za’atar Lamb Burgers
This recipe uses the wonderful mix of Za’atar herbs and spices which originate from the Middle East. These can be...
Moroccan Beef Stew
Moroccan Beef Stew with Ras El Hanout
Jerk cauliflower and sweetcorn fritters
Super quick and simple recipe, ideal for hungry toddlers packed with loads of veg. Can use any sort of veg...
No Middle Eastern feast would be complete without a traditional Tabbouleh to tuck into. If you fancy adding an alternative...
Middle Eastern Shepherd's Pie
Pimp up your ordinary shepherd'd pie with this Middle Eastern inspired fusion.
Cheap and dead easy to make - stuff our simple falafels into warm pittas with salad, or serve with couscous...