Tangy cheese, yummy grilled peaches and the all-so-important heat of Aleppo. If we had to choose one salad to eat for the rest of our lives, it would be this one.
- 1⁄2 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 peaches, quartered, stone removed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp thyme leaves, picked
- Handful of rocket leaves
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp toasted walnuts
- 150g fresh goat’s cheese,
- roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Aleppo pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Place the sliced red onion in a bowl of iced water.
- Heat a frying pan until smoking hot and add a splash of vegetable oil, followed by the peaches. Cook until caramelised on all sides.
- Add the butter and thyme leaves, and let the peaches cook for a further 2-3 minutes in the foaming butter, basting them as they cook.
- Remove onto a plate, pour the butter on top and set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- To serve, mix the rocket, peaches, iced onion, mint, walnuts and goats’ cheese in a bowl, and arrange on a platter.