Fancy a chicken burger....this will become your go to!
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Cajun Spice Blend
- 4 rashers smoked bacon
- 2 avocados
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 4 thin slices of your favourite cheese
- 4 small handfuls baby spinach leaves
- Mayonnaise , to serve (optional)
- Heat grill to high.
- On a board, flatten out the chicken slightly, then drizzle half the oil over and toss in the spice blend until completely coated.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan, sizzle the chicken for 5 mins on each side until firm, push to one side of the pan, then fry the bacon for a few mins until cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, halve, stone, peel and slice the avocados, and toast the cut sides of the buns.
- Cover the tops of the buns with cheese, then grill until melted.
- To assemble the burgers, spread the buns with mayonnaise if you want, top with a handful of spinach, then a rasher of bacon. To keep the avocado in place, slice the chicken, then alternate between a slice of chicken and avocado. Top with the bun, press down lightly and serve.
For more top quality recipes check out the awesome www.bbcgoodfood.com