Spice Kitchen - North American
Fully Loaded Cajun Chicken Burger
Fancy a chicken burger....this will become your go to!
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Cajun Spice Blend
- 4 rashers smoked bacon
- 2 avocados
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 4 thin slices of your favourite cheese
- 4 small handfuls baby spinach leaves
- Mayonnaise , to serve (optional)
- Heat grill to high.
- On a board, flatten out the chicken slightly, then drizzle half the oil over and toss in the spice blend until completely coated.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan, sizzle the chicken for 5 mins on each side until firm, push to one side of the pan, then fry the bacon for a few mins until cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, halve, stone, peel and slice the avocados, and toast the cut sides of the buns.
- Cover the tops of the buns with cheese, then grill until melted.
- To assemble the burgers, spread the buns with mayonnaise if you want, top with a handful of spinach, then a rasher of bacon. To keep the avocado in place, slice the chicken, then alternate between a slice of chicken and avocado. Top with the bun, press down lightly and serve.
For more top quality recipes check out the awesome www.bbcgoodfood.com
Mexican Prawn Wraps with sour cream...
Lizzie from the Pennywise Pantry has teamed up with us to write three spice laden recipes, guaranteed to give superb...