Behold the dreamy chai. Warming, creamy, packed with natural sweetness and of course, perfectly spiced!
In India, brewing Chai is considered an art form! But here at Spice Kitchen, we are on a mission to make sure the experience of a perfect Chai Masala is accessible to everyone.
So, here’s how to make the perfect Masala Chai. You can thank us later!
- 2 tbsp Spice Kitchen Masala Chai Blend
- 500ml water
- 250ml of your favourite milk (whole milk, cashew or oat work equally well)
- Sugar or maple syrup depending on your preference
- Saucepan big enough to hold your ingredients
- Tea strainer
- A ladle
- Measuring jug
- Bring your water to a rolling boil over a medium-high heat, then add the Spice Kitchen Masala Chai Blend. Brew on high hear for around 3 minutes*, making sure you stir occasionally.
- Add your milk and bring back to the boil, stirring often for approximately 3 minutes*, and taking care to ensure your pan doesn’t bubble over. Adjust the heat down a little if needed.
- Then, reduce the heat and add sugar or maple syrup, if using. We tend to add around 1-2 tsp per serving. Strain and then ladle your chai in your favourite pre-warmed mugs.
Top tip: Boiling the Chai for longer than three minutes will give you a stronger/creamier flavour and so if you like your Chai with a punch, don’t rush these steps.
Nerdy Chai fact: Did you know that the main difference between traditional Chai and Masala Chai is that Masala Chai includes spices, while Chai is just tea and milk?