Mama Spice remembers making this from her time growing up in Kenya. A long-standing Spice Kitchen favourite, this recipe is so easy to create but will blow your socks off!
- 1kg chicken thighs
- 100g Greek or strained yoghurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 1 plum tomato
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Blend all the ingredients for the marinade into a smooth paste.
- Rub into the chicken and leave to marinate in the fridge for a few hours.
- Fire up the BBQ and grill the chicken for 5 minutes on each side until fully cooked.
- Serve with salad and a squeeze of lemon.