Crispy Baked Chicken Wings with Aleppo Pepper by Emma Spitzer
A wonderful recipe from Masterchef finalist Emma Spitzer, who has released her debut cookbook Fress this month. You can purchase a signed cookbook with spices here!
Makes around 30 wings
- 1kg chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 2 teaspoons Aleppo pepper, plus
- 1 teaspoon for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon English mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons soft light brown sugar
- 60g plain flour
- 80g butter, melted
For the creamy garlic sauce
- 150g full-fat natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus extra if needed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried mint
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas Mark 7. Line a baking tray with a double layer of foil.
- Halve the chicken wings at the joint and remove the wing tips, or ask your butcher to do this for you.
- Mix all the spices and sugar together in a bowl. Put the flour in a sturdy resealable plastic food bag, add the spice mix and then the chicken wings.
- Seal the bag and give it a really good shake to ensure that all the wings are well coated.
- Place the chicken wings on the lined tray in a single layer and pour the melted butter over each one, turning so that both sides of the wings are covered. Sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon of Aleppo pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn the wings over and bake for a further 15 minutes until they are crispy and golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the creamy garlic sauce together in a bowl and check for seasoning. If it is too thick, thin with a little more olive oil.
- Serve the wings hot with the bowl of creamy garlic sauce
Jamaican Beef Stew
A tender, succulent and spicy beef stew. Get a taste of Jamaica with this hearty beef stew made with authentic...
Spicy Middle Eastern Kofte by Hairy...
These Middle Eastern-style meatballs are a doddle to make and perfect for the barbecue. Serve in a pitta with tzatziki....
Tender, juicy chicken legs, with citrusy tones and unique spices. Say. No. More.
Pan-fried Cauliflower with Caramelized Red Onions,...
Pan-fried Cauliflower with Caramelized Red Onions by Emma Spitzer
Shredded Jerk Chicken Burger
Next in our #SpicesofChristmas series with Ahmad tea.... Packed full of Caribbean spices, this Shredded Jerk Chicken Burger makes an intriguing...
Date Fudge by Bethany Kehdy
Really pleased to showcase this stunning recipe from the amazing Bethany Kehdy. Bethany Kehdy is a Lebanese-American food author and presenter...
Rustic Lemon Hummus
What did we do before hummus? The smoked sea salt in this recipe takes the humbledip to a whole new...
All of your dippy dreams come true! This Labneh recipe couldn’t be easier to create, but don’t be fooled by...
Middle Eastern Shepherd's Pie
Pimp up your ordinary shepherd'd pie with this Middle Eastern inspired fusion.
Spiced Fennel Pork Meatballs with Pistachios
We are really pleased to feature this guest post recipe by Charleh Dickinson from Designed2Eat Designed2Eat is an online food shop...