All of your dippy dreams come true! This Labneh recipe couldn’t be easier to create, but don’t be fooled by its simplicity, it’s also super tasty.
- 1kg natural, plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp salt
- Olive oil, to serve
- Pinch za’atar, to serve
- Optional extras: your choice of fresh oregano, pomegranate seeds, paprika, chilli flakes or lemon zest
- Carefully place the yoghurt into a bowl, and stir in the salt.
- Line another large bowl with a muslin, a double layer of cheesecloth or a clean tea towel. Spoon in the yogurt.
- Scoop up the muslin or tea towel and secure with an elastic band or string. Hang over a bowl to drain for up to 24 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, spoon the mixture onto a plate.
- Drizzle over the olive oil, serve with a sprinkling of za’atar and your pick of the optional extras.
- Enjoy with warm pitta, flatbread or chopped veggies.