Classic Potato Curry by Binnys Kitchen
- 8 small potatoes, washed and cut into small chunks. Keep the skin on.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, pureed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 green chilli
- 1 teaspoon Spice Kitchen cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Kitchen red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Kitchen turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Spice Kitchen coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Spice Kitchen cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Spice Kitchen garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Handful freshly chopped coriander to garnish
- In a saucepan filled with salted water, boil the potatoes for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a kadai or wok, heat 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add the cumin seeds and when they sizzle, add the chopped red onions.
- Let the onions cook on low-medium heat for around 12 minutes, stirring every now and then. The longer you cook the onions the better.
- Now add the garlic, ginger and chopped green chillies. Let this cook for around 2 minutes, stirring it in well, and now add the pureed tomatoes. I like using fresh tomatoes rather than canned tomatoes as I like the flavour.
- Now add all the spices, salt and the boiled potatoes and mix well.
- Place the lid on the pan and let this cook for around 5 minutes.
- Give it a good stir and add the chopped coriander.
- Voila your potato curry is ready! Serve with fresh naan or rotis.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.