Cheesy, salty, flatbreads. Don’t expect an orderly queue.
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda/sodium bicarbonate
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 50g butter
- 185ml milk
- 40-60g grated mozzarella (depending on how cheesy you want it!)
- Extra Sea Salt for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 200c.
- Warm the milk and butter until the butter has melted.
- Next, gently mix in the flour, Sea Salt and baking soda and stir until thoroughly combined. Knead for two minutes and then wrap with clingfilm. Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, lightly dust a countertop with a little flour and divide the dough into four. Flour your hands and roll each quarter into a ball.
- Working with one ball at a time, gently roll out to about 0.5 cm thick discs. Heat a skillet or a large frying pan, turn the heat to medium and gently place the flatbreads in. Cook for two minutes on each side.
- Once all the flatbreads are cooked, sprinkle grated mozzarella over the top, together with more Sea Salt.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and place the flatbreads on an oven tray. Cook for 6-8 minutes until the cheese has melted.