Carrot Hummus with Sumac
This recipe offers a delightful twist on the traditional hummus we all know and love.
- 1 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 200ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp sumac, with additional to serve
- Add a splash of olive oil in a pan and add the grated carrots and cumin seeds. Cook the carrots on medium heat with the lid on until softened, stirring regularly.
- Once the carrots are cooked, allow to cool and then add to a food processor or blender.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, and blend on high speed until you have a smooth paste. You can add a little water to the mix if you feel it needs loosening a little.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cold.
- When you are ready, serve with a drizzle of olive oil and an extra sprinkling of sumac, together with your favourite pitta or vegetable sticks.
Ney's Kitchen- Sri Lankan Fish Curry
Not a fan of seafood? I bet I can change your mind with my Sri Lankan Fish curry!!
Middle Eastern Shepherd's Pie
Pimp up your ordinary shepherd'd pie with this Middle Eastern inspired fusion.
Harissa chicken with crispy skin and...
Lizzie from the Pennywise Pantry has teamed up with us to write three spice laden recipes, guaranteed to give superb...
Jamaican Goat Curry
'm bringing you the authentic flavours Jamaica with this curry goat recipe made with spring onions (aka scallions), fresh ginger...
Grilled Prawns with Za'atar & Aleppo...
A quick and straightforward grilled prawn recipe that offers big flavour. Serves 4 as a starter although you might not...
Baharat Roasted Carrots, Carrot and Coriander...
INGREDIENTS Baharat Carrots 8 large carrots, peeled 1.5 tbsp of Spice Kitchen Baharat Spice blend 1 tbsp of garlic powder...
Tender, juicy chicken legs, with citrusy tones and unique spices. Say. No. More.
Thick Spiced Moroccan Soup (Sunshine soup)...
One of our loyal customers and followers has shared a great recipe with us using our spices. Check it out!...
Rustic Lemon Hummus
What did we do before hummus? The smoked sea salt in this recipe takes the humbledip to a whole new...
Moroccan Chicken with Pearl Couscous by...
Ingredients: 2 chicken fillets 100 grams pearl couscous handful of green beans cut into little pieces small chopped red...