This recipe offers a delightful twist on the traditional hummus we all know and love.
- 1 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 200ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp sumac, with additional to serve
- Add a splash of olive oil in a pan and add the grated carrots and cumin seeds. Cook the carrots on medium heat with the lid on until softened, stirring regularly.
- Once the carrots are cooked, allow to cool and then add to a food processor or blender.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, and blend on high speed until you have a smooth paste. You can add a little water to the mix if you feel it needs loosening a little.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cold.
- When you are ready, serve with a drizzle of olive oil and an extra sprinkling of sumac, together with your favourite pitta or vegetable sticks.