Easy and simply delicious......
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp very roughly chopped parsley
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 green peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tsp Cajun Spice Kitchen spice mix
- 5 skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunky pieces
- 600ml chicken stock (made with 2 stock cubes)
- 300g thickly sliced ham, trimmed of any fat and diced
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil and fry the chicken for a few mins to brown.
- Tip out onto a plate.
- Add the onion to the pan with 1 tbsp more oil and fry for 5 mins until almost softened. Add the celery and fry for another 2 mins, then tip out to join the chicken.
- Add the remaining oil, bay leaves and flour to the pan and cook into a paste. Carry on cooking, stirring constantly (with a splash of water if you need), until golden brown, then stir in the spices for 2 mins.
- Gradually stir in the stock until smooth and saucy.
- Return the chicken and veg to the pan, along with the peppers, cover and simmer gently for 15 mins.
- Stir in the ham, cover and simmer gently for 10 mins more.
- Check for seasoning, then serve, sprinkled with the spring onions mixed with the chopped parsley.
For more top quality recipes check out the awesome www.bbcgoodfood.com