- 4 medium potatoes chopped
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- Thumb of ginger finally grated.
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1tsp of salt.
- ½ tsp of chilli powder, garam masala, cumin seeds, coriander powder, mustard seeds
- 1 dried whole chilli
- 2 small curry leaves
- Handful of coriander
- 4 tbsp of passata
- oil to fry the sauce
- Steam 4 washed and chopped potatoes
- Flash fry potatoes in a hot wok with oil and ½ tsp salt for 3-4 minutes.
- In a hot pan, add 4 tbsp of oil and add, mustard seeds and dry chilli and curry leaves.
- Add the grated ginger and garlic and then the finely chopped onions.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until brown add all the spices, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the passata and cook until you start to see a film of oil come to the top of the sauce.
- Add 2 tbsp of water to sauce and cook
- Add the potatoes and coat well in the sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes, remove the chilli before adding coriander.
I am a passionate and active lifestyle influencer & mum. I am delighted to have a cooking series with BBC social showcasing easy authentic family dishes, and championing fake away Friday.
I love to recreate the food that I had growing up in my mums kitchen and creating them with a Scottish twist. I like to show easy recipes for everyone to follow, healthy eating and encouraging some plant based and vegan food too.
Indian Spiced Shepherds Pie
Shepherds pie with a twist...A great dish for all the family, packed full of veg and a great way to...