Perfect for a long summer evening outdoors with friends. The heat of the Harissa mix combines perfectly with succulent lamb to deliver a taste sensation that your guests will love.
- 150g Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Harissa
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsp salt
- 500g minced lamb
- 1 tbsp Aleppo pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch mint chopped
- Naan or flatbread to serve
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, to serve
- Soak 12 large bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes (unless using metal skewers).
- Whisk the yoghurt with 1 tbsp harissa mix, 2 of the garlic cloves, lemon juice and 1 tsp salt. Cover and refrigerate for later.
- Next, combine the lamb, Aleppo pepper, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp harissa spice mix and the mint in a bowl. Add 1 tsp salt and knead the mixture together.
- Working with wet hands, divide the meat into twelve portions and shape into a sausage. Carefully thread onto the bamboo or metal skewers.
- Fire up your BBQ and when ready, cook the kebabs for 8-10 minutes, turning regularly.
- If you don’t have a BBQ, don’t worry, simply place in an oven preheated to 220°c for 12-15 minutes.
- Once cooked, let the kebabs rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve on naan or flatbread and spoon the harissa yoghurt on top.