Baked Feta with Aleppo Pepper, Honey & Sesame
What could be more satisfying than salty cheese and sweet honey? This easy yet tasty dish is wonderful soul food.
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 sprig thyme, picked
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 tsp Aleppo pepper
- 200g feta cheese
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200°c.
- Mix the minced garlic with the olive oil, oregano, thyme, sesame, honey and Aleppo pepper.
- Line an oven dish with greaseproof paper and place the feta on top.
- Drizzle the honey mix over the feta and place the cherry tomatoes on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the tomatoes have cooked through and the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve immediately with some crusty bread and a light salad.