Well today is National Nutella Day (they really do have 'days' for everything!). We have come up with a really simple (I mean really simple) way of making brownies with some good old Nutella (or supermarket equivalent hazelnut chocolate spread).
Ingredients (serves 8 in theory or 1 person in reality)
- 400g Nutella
- 2 large eggs
- 80g self raising flour (or use plain flour with ½ tsp baking powder)
- Pinch sea salt
- Spice Kitchen Cardamom seeds (from 2-3 pods)
- Spice Kitchen Cinnamon (or Cassia Bark)
- Preheat oven to 180'C/Gas mark 4 (lower for fan ovens - say 160'C)
- Line a 20cm x 20cm baking tray
- Grind the salt, cardamom and cinnamon in a pestle and mortar
- Mix all the ingredients together and stir
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes - check the brownies after 20 minutes as they make take less time depending on your oven (try not and overbake - check with a skewer)
- Leave to cool before cutting into squares and dusting with icing sugar - serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream
- Congrats - you officially smashed National Nutella Day!