Banana Bread (Cake?) with Cinnamon
Just a quick little post with my go to banana bread recipe, laced with cinnamon. Its super quick to make and even quicker if you follow my shortcuts! I make this regular for the dearest wife when she is on the run to her surgery with no time for breakfast. But also make it when I have brown bananas that need using (you can take the boy our of India but you cant take India out the boy).
- 110 grams unsalted butter
- 110g sugar (any, I mix dark brown and white)
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe / overripe / 'probably should throw these away because their black' bananas
- 250 grams self raising flour
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of freshly ground Spice Kitchen cinnamon / cassia
- 125 grams raisins
- Some milk (20ml?)
6 step instructions (simplified)
- Stick oven on full. Get 2 small bowls out and 1 larger mixing bowl.
- Bowl 1: Measure 125 grams of raisins / sultanas and add a dash of milk to allow them to soak
- Bowl 2: Mash 2 ripe bananas with a little milk (until it looks like baby food) and mix with 2 eggs
Mixing Bowl: Mix 110 g sugar and 110 g unsalter butter (microwave it for a minute if straight out fridge). Add and mix in Bowl 1 & Bowl 2. Add 250g self raising flour, half teaspoon baking powder and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
Stick into a loaf tin. Shove in oven, turn down to Gas Mark 4 / 180 degrees C / 160 degrees C in fan oven. Leave for 1 hour (try not to forget or open).
- After an hour check with a knife to check it is cooked (if it comes out clean it is done). If it doesn't keep in longer (duh) with oven on or off, you choose!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.