- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 to 3 green chillies, or to taste
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 2.5cm (1 in) piece root ginger
- 2 medium potatoes
- 675g (1 1/2 lb) lamb mince (I have used beef mince and it comes out equally as good)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon gram (chickpea) flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Spice Kitchen chilli powder, or to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon Spice Kitchen coriander powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Spice Kitchen whole cumin (crushed)
- good handful of finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 5 - 10 Spice Kitchen professional 8mm steel skewers
Prep:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hr
- Process the onion, green chillies, garlic and root ginger in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Finely grate the potatoes and rinse thoroughly with water. Squeeze out as much water as possible by squeezing the grated potato in a sieve or clean tea towel.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion mixture and the potatoes with the mince and the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Cover, and leave in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Take handfuls of the mixture and wrap around each skewer in the shape of a sausage. Place under a hot grill at the highest setting, or cook on a barbecue heated to high heat. Turn over once whilst cooking. Kebabs are done when both sides are crisp and browned, and when juices run clear.
- Serve hot with slices of onion and lemon wedges.
- TOP TIP: When you are skewering the kebab meat try to make sausages and then skewer them, spreading them into even size. This will mean there are less cracks in the meat and chances of it breaking. Also use a bit of oil in your palm, this will help the together
Potato, cumin and curry leaf curry by...
For a tasty potato curry try my potato, cumin and curry leaf curry. It is truly a flavoursome and fragrant...
All Spiced Apple Chutney
Guest post from Charleh Dickinson from Designed2Eat. Welcome to Bramley Apple Week 2015! When I heard that it was Bramley...
Dry Prawn Masala Curry by Brinda's...
Prawns Masala in a dry curry sauce is the perfect dish with steamed rice, paratha, and chapatti or naan bread....
Romy Gill || Rice and coconut...
Romy Gill || Rice and coconut balls Ingredients 6 tbsp cooked rice 4 tbsp desiccated coconut 4 tbsp peanuts,...
Sri Lankan Aubergine Curry
As a lifelong vegetarian, Mamma Spice has got the heat in this aubergine curry down to a fine art, but...
Bunny Chow originates from Durban, South Africa, where the immigrant Indian population invented a cheap street-food meal during hard...
The flat bread that tastes good with everything....
Spicy Potato Cakes- Aloo Tiki Chaat
It's a favourite Indian street food dish of mine, with the flavours just partying in my mouth. I could eat...
Introducing our second delicious dish that works perfectly with a spicy Ahmad tea pairing for our #SpicesofChristmas series – today...