Spicy Fenugreek Roasted Chicken
Monica is the founder of the Spice Club Manchester
, a supperclub and pop up restaurant that has received amazing acclaim in the North West. She is an incredible Indian cook and today she has shared a great recipe with us, Spicy Fenugreek Roasted Chicken. Our summary? Super easy and super tasty.
What we need:
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
2 heaped tbsp greek yoghurt
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2″ ginger, grated
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1-2 tsp salt (according to taste)
2 tsp Spice Kitchen garam masala
1 tsp Spice Kitchen paprika powder
1/2 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves (available at all Asian grocery shops)
Small handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well so that the chicken is coated well
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (Note: If you want to cook it straight away you can do but if you allow the chicken to marinade it will taste a lot more flavourful)
- Pre-heat over to 220C (or the highest temperature your oven goes to). In the mean time, place each chicken breast on a lined non stick baking tray.
- Once the oven is hot, cook for approximately 20 minutes. Turn the chicken pieces over and cook for a remaining 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is white all the way through.
- Remove from the oven and serve with brown rice (as pictured) or basmati rice and fresh salad.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.