Proper Mango Chutney
Spice Kitchen || Mango Chutney
Do you want to know how to make the tastiest Mango Chutney on the planet? No? Well you do now. This is good for 1 or 2 jars.
2 green mangoes (hard not ripe)
2 tbsp vegetable oil (alternatively use olive oil / rapeseed oil)
1 tsp Spice Kitchen mustard seeds
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
100g granulated sugar
2 tsp salt
5 cm Spice Kitchen cinnamon stick / ½ tsp cinnamon powder
5 Spice Kitchen cloves (crushed)
¾ tsp chilli flakes
2 tbsp black onion seeds (optional)
1. Peel and grate the mangoes.
2. Heat the oil in a medium sized pan. Once hot, add the mustard seeds and wait until they start to pop.
4. Add the grated mango, white wine vinegar, sugar, salt, cinnamon, crushed cloves and chilli flakes. Add black onion seeds if using for added flavour and colour at this time.
5. Cook for 5 – 10 minutes until the sugar starts to caramelise, the chutney thickens and you can not smell or taste any vinegar.
6. Taste test and add more salt and chilli to taste.
7. Bottle into sterilised jars and keep in the fridge.
Sri Lankan Prawn Curry
INGREDIENTS 1 large piece of ginger, peeled and grated 3 garlic cloves, minced 1 bird’s eye chilli, chopped 1 lemon,...
Tonga Chilli-Lime Chicken by Natasha MacAller
Gujarati Dal by Natasha MacAllerReally pleased to feature this wonderful recipe by Natasha MacAller, author of Spice Health Heroes. Created at...
Chilli and honey glazed potatoes
A delicious indo-chinese treat! Perfect as a side, mains or a special treat! Serves 2 and takes approximately 40...
Raheel's Butter Chicken (Guinness World Record...
We have worked with Raheel to pack up his special Butter Chicken spice blend to make it as easy as...
South Indian Rasam
A Mama Spice favourite. Rasam is a basic staple dish that’s both spicy and sour. We love it ladled into bowls...
Mung Bean Curry
This is a versatile and nutritious dish and one which children seem to love. It can be served as...
Saffron Chia Muesli
Breakfasts don’t come much heartier than this Saffron Chia Muesli paired with a Ahmad Vanilla Tranquillity black tea. The sweet scent...
Sticky Chinese Pork Ribs
Let us unveil the mystery of this popular Chinese dish. These tender, fall of the bone ribs are deliciously sweet...
Butternut Squash Vegetable Pav Bahji by Elaine...
Another lovely recipe by Elaine Foodbod using our spices. I do love a bowl of beautifully spiced gorgeous vegetables, and...
Super Yummy Khaman Dhokla / Dhokra
Do you like Curry? And do you like Cake? Well this one is for you... Khaman Dhokla/Dhokra