Do you want to know how to make the tastiest Mango Chutney on the planet? No? Well you do now. This is good for 1 or 2 jars.
2 green mangoes (hard not ripe)
2 tbsp vegetable oil (alternatively use olive oil / rapeseed oil)
1 tsp Spice Kitchen mustard seeds
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
100g granulated sugar
2 tsp salt
5 cm Spice Kitchen cinnamon stick / ½ tsp cinnamon powder
5 Spice Kitchen cloves (crushed)
¾ tsp chilli flakes
2 tbsp black onion seeds (optional)
1. Peel and grate the mangoes.
2. Heat the oil in a medium sized pan. Once hot, add the mustard seeds and wait until they start to pop.
4. Add the grated mango, white wine vinegar, sugar, salt, cinnamon, crushed cloves and chilli flakes. Add black onion seeds if using for added flavour and colour at this time.
5. Cook for 5 – 10 minutes until the sugar starts to caramelise, the chutney thickens and you can not smell or taste any vinegar.
6. Taste test and add more salt and chilli to taste.
7. Bottle into sterilised jars and keep in the fridge.
Comments will be approved before showing up.