Spice Kitchen - Middle Eastern
Classic Hummus With Sumac
Posted on: May 6, 2021
A classic hummus recipe. Simple, quick, cheap and amazingly tasty.
- 400g of tinned/cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp sumac
- 270g tahini
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100 ml ice-cold water
- Drain the chickpeas. Place the chickpeas in a food processor and process until you get a stiff paste.
- Then, with the machine still running, add the tahini paste, lemon juice, garlic, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Slowly drizzle in the iced water and allow it to mix for about 5 minutes, until you get a very smooth and creamy paste.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl, cover the surface with plastic wrap, and let it rest for at least 30 minutes. If not using straightaway, refrigerate until needed. Make sure to take it out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To serve make a small well in the centre, drizzle over olive oil and the sumac