Location: Dakota Business Park, Speke, Liverpool and North West Region, with good public transport links, ample parking, accessible lift
Spice Kitchen are looking for an experienced, energetic and proactive Head of Sales/Partnerships who will be responsible for opening doors, winning new opportunities, reaching out to new customers and building great relationships with existing ones.
This is a senior role, and you will report directly to our Founder.
About Spice Kitchen
We are a small family run business selling beautiful spice tins, gifts and individual spices to domestic and retail customers. Everything we do is focused on delivering an exceptional and personalised customer experience: from our products, packaging, quality of our spices to our communication style.
However, Spice Kitchen isn’t just a business, it’s a community: our customers, our team, and our suppliers are at the heart of our brand.
As we approach our ten year anniversary, we are embarking on the next phase of our journey, with plans to introduce new products, release our newly branded website, streamline processes and write a cookbook.
About the role
It’s an exciting time to join our brand.
Our vision and strategy are set on growth and the Head of Sales/Partnerships role is pivotal in achieving our next phase of business development.
Anyone who has worked in a small business knows that roles are varied, ever-evolving and require a flexible approach to getting the job done. Similarly, as a small business, we are a ‘work in progress’: we are open to improvements in systems and make no claims that we have everything figured out. Bringing your expertise and skills, your input and willingness to help us get there is crucial.
There is huge potential for personal growth, and we would look to support you in building your skills and expertise.
Specific areas of responsibility
You will work within a highly skilled and dedicated management team, with specific duties and responsibilities, including:
• Identifying and pursuing new business opportunities
• Contributing to the overall strategy, including quarterly meetings
• Creating ideas and content for wholesale emails
• Upselling products to existing customer
• Pitching to retailers
• Managing our ‘hit list’
• Updating and managing Pipedrive tasks
• Attending Trade Shows
• Relationship building with wholesalers, retails, influencers and celebrity chefs
• Co-ordinating and motivating the team to make sales calls
• Account management
• Identifying opportunities to encourage repeat sales
• Re-engage lapsed retailers
• VIP gifting
• Contract packing
• Creating bespoke product offerings for specific customers, including hamper companies
• International sales
• Dubai and Ireland specifically
• New product development
• Partnerships – website and influencers
• Building charity partnerships
Required skills and competencies
• Highly organised
• Resilient and motivated
• Strategic and forward-thinking
• Team player
• Go getter/self motivated
• Strong communication via email
• Juggle tasks and can keep to deadlines
• Confident speaking to a range of people in person and on the phone
• Experience in pitching
• Account management experience
• Proven sales experience
• Innovative/solution focussed
• Used Pipedrive or similar CRM system
As a small team, every member has an impact on shaping our culture. We want to hear from you if:
• You are open to change
• You are a proactive problem solver
• You can work on your own initiative, plan your work and prioritise your time, but equally, you are flexible enough to switch priorities as the business demands
• You are – on the whole – a positive and ‘glass half full’ type person (we get that no one can be positive 100% of the time!)
• You can spin lots of plates and are not phased by being busy
• You can demonstrate emotional maturity and communication styles
• You understand the benefits of creative conflict
• You can give and receive constructive criticism
• You have an ability to reflect on your skills and development areas
We are a food business and so a love and passion for cooking is important to us.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and this role is open to absolutely anyone, with no labels or limits.
To apply please email email@example.com with a CV.