Tropical Jerk Salmon
Salmon is an oily fish rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12, vitamin D and protein.
So getting some yummy salmon into your little one’s diet is a must! The juicy pineapple is also rich in vitamin C and adds a mild sweetness to the dish - it’s a winner!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp Baby Spice Kitchen Caribbean blend 1⁄4 tsp minced ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp minced garlic
- 20g tinned pineapple, drained and crushed 1⁄2 dried apricot, roughly chopped
- 1 x 110g boneless salmon fillet
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Place the oil, Baby Spice Kitchen Caribbean blend, ginger, garlic, pineapple and apricot in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Spread the marinade over the salmon fillet and place the fillet on a long piece of foil. Create a foil parcel by lifting the edges of the foil upwards to the middle to create a point and fold the top edge. Then fold the sides to seal the edges.You want to do this to keep the steam inside the parcel.
- Place the foil parcel on a baking tray and place the tray on the middle shelf of the oven to cook for 15–18 minutes, until flaky and tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for a few minutes, then unwrap the parcel and allow the salmon to cool.
- Serve to baby in small mashed, bite-size chunks, ensuring you have removed the skin.
- For babies with larger appetites, or for toddlers, serve alongside basmati rice and freshly steamed peas.
Recipe by Zainab Jagot Ahmed