A perfect breakfast for a winter morning, these are packed full of nutrients from the oats and the nuts but also packed full of flavour from the spices! Perfect for BLW as porridge can be hard for little ones to eat on their own so this is a great and fun way to get them involved and have a go at eating themselves.
Makes around 6/8 balls depending on size.
100g oats (GF if needed)
2 tsp Gingerbread spice mix
2 heaped tsp ground almonds (blitz in blender)
3 tsp ground walnuts (just blitz in blender)
450ml whole milk (or plant based alternative)
1 tbsp Ground almonds
1 tbsp Ground walnuts
1 tsp Gingerbread spice mix
1. Pour all your ingredients into a pan on a medium to high heat and cook until very thick (if it’s getting too thick before the oats are ready add a tiny bit more milk)
2. Once thick spread on a plate to cool
3. When they are cool enough roll into balls or log shapes
4. On a separate plate pour your topping and mix together
5. Roll balls/logs in the topping so they are fully coated
6. Eat straight away or refrigerate for up to three days in an air tight container
These mini muffins are perfectly soft and even more perfectly spiced.
They make great finger food and are super fun to make with your little ones.