Yes I am aware this is just Spaghetti and Meatballs, it's just a different way to make and serve it.... anything to get the kids to eat it ey?!
- Meatballs - I buy ready made ones from @aldiuk they are delicious
- 1 onion - diced
- 1 carrot - diced
- 1 garlic clove - crushed
- 1 tsp Italian spice from @spicekitchenuk - can sub for mixed herbs
- 1 or 2 cans chopped tomatoes - you can use one and add in another if you think you will need it
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Spaghetti- a handful
- Cheese- a handful of grated mild cheddar
- Make your meatball sauce, I did this by heating a little oil in a pan, once hot add the onions and carrots and cook for a few minutes until soft. Add in the garlic and spices. Add in your chopped tomatoes and tomato puree and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pop your meatballs on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake at 180 for 20 to 25 minutes until cooked.
- Pop the pasta onto boil once cooked, drain and cool and pop it back in the pan.
- Once the spaghetti is drained and cooled add it back to the pan and add in the eggs, mozzarella and half the meatball sauce. Spoon into a greased muffin tray or silicone tray and make a well in the middle by pushing in a tsp. Pop in the oven for 15 minutes at 180 fan.
- Once the meatballs are cooked remove from the oven and add to the left over sauce and stir.
- Remove the spaghetti cups from the oven and top with a meatball and some extra sauce.
For more easy, tasty and family inspired dishes, visit @munchieswithmama!