This is a super easy and yummy family meal that everyone will enjoy! Extra goodness from the lentils and lots of flavour from the Italian herb mix. Serve over a pasta of your choosing. This makes around 4 adult portions so if you have any extra sauce it can be frozen and used for another meal another day or kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Makes 4 adults portions.
6 turkey sausages (or a different type of sausage)
80g uncooked red lentils
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 courgette grated
1 leek/ onion
3-4 heaped tsp of Italian herb mix
1. Chop your leek (or onion) really fine and grate your courgette
2. Remove the skins from your sausages so just the meat is left
3. In a little butter or oil fry off your leek
4. Once the leek has softened add in your sausage meat and let it cook off, breaking it apart with your spoon
5. Add in your herbs and courgette
6. Add in your chopped tomatoes, passata and lentils stirring and turn the heat down let it bubble with the lid on checking every now and again to make sure it’s not catching
7. If it gets a little dry just add some water and continue to let it bubble until the lentils are cooked
8. Serve over pasta and enjoy!
Jazmin is the mummy behind minimonkeymeals. On her Instagram page, you’ll find lots of quick, easy and tasty healthy meals and bakes the whole family will love! Jazmin understands that mums don’t always have lots of time so, she focuses on making recipes that are fast and easy to make, but still packed full of essential nutrients for little ones tiny tums.
Lots of the meals can be batch cooked and frozen so perfect for days where you just don’t have time to cook at all!
Find Jazmin on Instagram at minimonkeymeals.
These mini muffins are perfectly soft and even more perfectly spiced.
They make great finger food and are super fun to make with your little ones.