Little Saag Aloo
Saag Aloo is a simple spinach & potato curry. It is the most comforting, fragrant and flavour packed dish for any age. Perfect as a side dish or a meal with rice.
- 4–5 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 300g baby spinach, roughly chopped 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 tsp green chilli paste (optional)
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp Baby Spice Kitchen Indian blend
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- Rapeseed oil
- Par boil the potatoes until they just start to soften. Drain and allow to sit in the steam.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan and add cumin and mustard seeds. Once they begin to pop, reduce heat to low and add onions (take care as they may splutter).
- Sauté onions until translucent and then add tomato purée, garlic, ginger and chilli paste (if using). Cook for a minute.
- Add turmeric, Baby Spice Kitchen Indian blend and chilli powder (if using).
- Cook for a further minute.
- Add potatoes and toss to coat along with 1 cup boiling water and half the spinach.
- Allow to simmer on medium heat until potatoes are cooked. Add more water if needed.
- Once potatoes are cooked, add the remaining spinach, stir, cover and remove from heat.
- Serve warm with rice.
Raheel's Butter Chicken (Guinness World Record...
We have worked with Raheel to pack up his special Butter Chicken spice blend to make it as easy as...