These were a bit of an experiment but they turned out delicious! I used the Spice Kitchen Indian baby spice for this recipe and it was perfect balance of spice for my little man!
These tasted like pakoras but a lot healthier as they are baked ! I packed them full of veggies - potato, onion carrots & spinach!
- 2 small potatoes
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 red onion
- Small handful of fresh spinach finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of @spicekitchenuk baby Indian spice
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1 tablespoon of rice flour
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- Grated the potatoes, onion, carrots and place in a bowl with the lemon juice. Add the spinach, Indian spice mix, gram flour and rice flour and mix together.
- Slowly add in the water. You should get a thick but pourable consistency.
- Mix together and then add the baking powder and bicarbonate and mix again.
- Grease a waffle mould and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for about 15-20 mins until cooked through.
@ani__cooks does the most incredible baby recipes-you've just got to follow her!