This beautifully spiced Moroccan Beef Tagine is a great midweek treat. It’s so easy and a joy for busy parents! Simply add your ingredients to a slow cooker in the morning and you’ll be rewarded with a succulent, aromatic meal for the family to enjoy. What’s more, there’s no added salt or sugar so it’s perfect for weaning babies 6 month +.
- 1 medium onion
- 400g stewing steak
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp Baby Spice Kitchen Moroccan blend
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander,
- chopped Handful of fresh apricots, chopped
- 500ml low salt vegetable stock
- In a pan, add the onion and stewing steak, plain flour, Spice Kitchen Moroccan spice blend, and fry on a medium heat for around 2 minutes.
- Next, carefully add the beef and onions to your slow cooker, followed by the chopped tomatoes, drained chickpeas, peeled and chopped sweet potatoes, chopped coriander, chopped apricots, and the low salt vegetable stock.
- Turn on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle in some ground almonds and stir through. Serve with some fluffy steamed boiled rice.